Monday, October 8, 2007

New Camera, New Shades


Who is that mysterious, handsome man? C'est moi, of course. I am wearing my new prescription shades from Opticus, a darn fine lens crafting service, where I had to call and talk to an actual person, who was genuinely knowledgeable and concerned about getting me what I needed. So, besides making me look like a cliched movie villain, what do these specs do for me? Well, my poor computer-scientisty eyes are quite sensitive to light and Namibia is mostly desert and steppes, so I went as dark as possible and got side shields for even more protection. The frame model is by Mountain Shades and is called Zermat.

As for the camera, it is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 and I have been very happy with it these past few days. It's packed with the features you expect from an SLR-like camera, but the menus are easy to navigate, and there are quick buttons for all the common options. It's 7 MP, which is plenty, IMO, and image quality is excellent. 12X zoom, light, sturdy, image stabilization - I could go on, but anyway, good camera. Hope I get plenty of chances to be a shutterbug in Namibia.

No comments: